WSHLA Presents: “Contextualized Interventions in Speech-Language Pathology: EBP Focus on Narratives and Animated Flims”
Presenter: Tatyana Elleseff, M.S. CCC-SLP
Saturday May 14, 2022, 9 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. – Via Zoom
This course is offered for 0.3 ASHA CEUs, Professional, Intermediate
This webinar will discuss how high quality therapeutic interactions can be accomplished in therapy sessions with a focus on narrative intervention via picture books as well as use of animated films and computer generation animation. The course will also discuss how to target numerous therapeutic goals via the use of salient therapeutic content. It will describe specific narrative intervention targets based on narrative stages. The hierarchy of narrative intervention targets (listening, comprehension, macrostructure, microstructure, perspective taking, etc.) as well as illustrate where the learners can find and adapt a variety of free/low cost materials for narrative intervention purposes. With respect to the use of animated films this webinar will describe best target selection options for language and literacy purposes during contextualized therapy intervention sessions as well as explain to participants where they can access free animated film resources.
- Discuss current findings on contextualized therapy as well as narrative interventions
- Explain the impact of contextualized therapy and narrative interventions on academic performance.
- List components of effective EBP interventions pertinence to both narratives and animated films usage
- Identify specific narrative intervention targets with respect to macro and microstructural elements
- Explain how to incorporate components of narrative instruction into speech language therapy sessions
- Identify specific intervention targets applicable to the usage of animated films
Tatyana Elleseff is a bilingual Speech-Language Pathologist who specializes in working with at-risk children with and without concomitant psychiatric impairment who present with complex language and literary needs. She has been published in a variety of professional journals as well as presented for numerous national and international medical, academic, and non-profit organizations and speech -language-hearing associations. She is a clinical instructor at the RWJ Medical School Dept. of Psychiatry, a clinical supervisor at Rutgers Day School, and a co-founder of a CEU SmartHub, a professional development organization that offers online high caliber evidence based conferences and continuing education trainings for speech pathologists and related professionals.
Tatyana Elleseff is the owner of Smart Speech Therapy LLC and a Co-Owner of CEU SmartHub companies through which she draws salaries and provides presentations on a variety of speech language pathology topics.
9:00-9:10 – Introduction and Disclosures
9:10-9:40 – Discussion of Research Findings
9:40-10:00 –Discussion of contextualized intervention impact on academic performance
10:00-10:30 -Description of EBP components of effective intervention
10:45-11:20 –Identification of specific intervention targets
11:20-11:40 –Incorporation of components of narrative instruction into sessions
11:40-12:00- Identification of EBP intervention targets relevant to animated films
$60 ( member event registration only)
$110 (member event registration + 2022 membership dues – $50)
$75 non-member event registration
Instructions for Registration
1. Click HERE, to fill out an application and pay membership dues.
2. Return to this page to register for the event below and choose the 1st payment option (pay for program only).
3. Click Submit for payment
1. Register for the event and choose the payment option that applies to you.
2. Click Submit for payment.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO REGISTER AND/OR PAY ONLINE, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AND PRINT THE MAIL-IN REGISTRATION FORM.