Parents & Caregivers
Welcome to WSHLA’s Community Service Page. WSHLA is the regional association of speech-language pathologists and audiologists who live and work in Westchester, Rockland, and Putnam counties. WSHLA members are certified by the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) and by the New York State Department of Education.
We work with people of all ages (infants, toddlers, school-age children, and adults) with differences and disorders of speech, language, hearing, cognition, and feeding/swallowing.
If you are seeking a speech-language pathologist to work with a loved one we invite you to use our “find a WSHLA therapist” function. Your information will be sent to our president who will help you find the professional you are looking for.
If you have questions or need more specific assistance, please do not hesitate to email us at www.wshla.org.
Contact WSHLA for help with:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Language disorders (developmental, acquired)
- Cognitive delays and disorders
- Fluency disorders
- Hearing disorders
- Learning disabilities Reading/Writing Problems
- Feeding Disorders
- Speech disorders (articulation, apraxia, dysarthria)
- Swallowing Disorders
PARENTS: LINKS YOU MIGHT LIKE
- Hanen Foundation Tips for Parents of Young Children
- PBS Child development – Information on language development
- NYS Office of Special Education
- NYS Dept of Health Early Intervention
- Heartsong- Westchester creative arts therapy program for people with special needs
- Westchester Children’s Association (WCA)– Since 1914, Westchester Children’s Association has remained steadfast in its mission: to improve the lives of Westchester’s children by shaping policies and programs to meet their needs, and by keeping the well-being of Westchester’s children at the top of the public agenda.
CAREGIVERS: LINKS YOU MIGHT LIKE
Do you have a foreign accent that is interfering with your professional or social experiences? Contact WSHLA. We have therapists who can help you reduce your accent. All consultations are confidential.
Add your email address above and we will contact you with some great resources.